Invictus

This space should be empty.

Friday, October 27, 2006

I hear...the sound of music...

I have never changed my opinion so drastically in my entire life....Exactly 2 hours and 43 minutes ago i was the foremost exponent of how boring classic movies were..particularly directing my ire at something called "the sound of music". My arguments against it? "A musical? come on...were living in the new millenium.." and "it doesn't suit my taste" and variations of the above. Boy, was i wrong. 20 minutes into the movie and i started enjoying it (yes actually did). 15 minutes later and i was hooked. an hour into the movie and you realize why it is called one of the celluloid masterpieces of the 20th century. Everything from the storyline to the performances to the direction (i dont know much abut this part) was brilliant. The 7 children are lovable. Fraulein maria is magnificent as is captain von trapp. the numerous songs which i had considered childish (my, that was a long time back) are some of the most endearing elements of the story.. Ah, im in a happy mood now. That was two and a half hours of pure blis. A tune pops on to to my lips. Guess which one? "raindrops on roses and whiskers on kittens..."

4 Comments:

Blogger Vinayak said...

However, I still think that "La, a note to follow so" could have been replaced by something better

10/28/2006 12:12:00 AM  
Blogger _manGO_ said...

abe mota badal gaya
sound of music??? sahi mein .. chal badhiya hai

10/28/2006 06:48:00 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

i still enjoy do re mi

10/29/2006 10:54:00 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

10/29/2006 10:56:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home